What’s on these pages?
Your university sets your tuition cost. You really need to check always using them simply how much you’ll be charged for the program, to help you make an application for the best level of Tuition Fee Loan.
The Tuition Fee Loan has to be paid back, not until such time you’ve finished or kept your program, along with your earnings has ended the payment limit.
What exactly is available?
Most pupils won’t have to cover tuition costs at the start – it is possible to make an application for a Tuition Fee Loan to cover your fees.
Just how much you may get is dependent upon:
- How much your college or university fees
- Whether you’re learning at a publicly or university that is privately-funded university
- Once you began your program
A Tuition could be got by you Fee Loan all the way to ?9,250 if you are their studies at a qualified uni or university. If you should be learning an accelerated level program, you could get as much as ?11,100.
If you should be maybe maybe not certain that a program qualifies for student finance, talk with the uni or college.
Whether you may get pupil finance is based on your:
- Individual circumstances
- Uni or university
Your nationality or res
You’ll be qualified to receive pupil finance if most of the after apply:
- You normally inhabit England
- You’ve been staying in the UK, EU, or EEA for at the very least 36 months prior to the day that is first of first educational 12 months of the program
Lived outside of the UK, EU, or EEA?
You are able to nevertheless get pupil finance in the event that you had a temporary break in residency if you’ve lived outside of the UK, EU, or EEA during the three years before the start of your course.
To show it was only a short-term break in residency, it is possible to deliver:
- Your visa showing that your particular time abroad had been short-term
- Temporary work agreements for you personally or your mother and father
- Proof which you maintained an association because of the UK, as an example bank statements showing your UK address, mortgage statements, or bills
You must have returned to the UK by the start of your course to be eligible for student finance if you’ve lived outside the UK, EU, or EEA on a temporary basis.
If you’re an EU nationwide, or a member of family of just one, you’ll be qualified to receive pupil finance if most of the after apply:
- You’ve been staying in the united kingdom for at the least 5 years ahead of the very first time associated with the first educational year of the program
- You’re residing in England in the very first day for the first educational 12 months of the program
- You’ll need certainly to tell all of us the addresses you’ve resided at within the last 5 years, and deliver us evidence that is original show this. Types of proof you can deliver add:
- Council Tax bills
- Wage slips
- Letters from HMRC
- Child Tax Credits letters
- Child Benefit letters
- Tax statements
- Income tax calculations
- Bank statements
If perhaps you were under 18 in the very beginning of the five 12 months duration before your program begins, we could additionally accept:
- Signed/stamped letters on headed paper from your own college or university confirming times of attendance (it should verify the dates that are exact
- A young child Benefit or Child Tax Credits letters that are award to your moms and dads, along with your title noted on the page
- College reports
Lived away from UK, EU, or EEA?
It is possible to still get pupil finance in the event that you’ve resided outside the UK, EU, or EEA through the 5 years ahead of the begin of your program, in the event that you had a short-term break in residency.
To show it was only a short-term break in residency, you can easily deliver:
- Your visa showing that your particular time abroad ended up being short-term
- Short-term work contracts for you personally or your mother and father
- Proof you maintained a link aided by the UK, as an example bank statements showing your UK address, home loan statements, or bills
You could be eligible to apply for student finance as an EEA migrant worker, or a relative of one if you have not lived in the UK for at least five years before the start of your course. Determine if you’re eligible.
Non-UK and nationals that are non-EU
If you’re from away from British as well as the EU, you’ll be qualified to receive pupil finance if every one of the apply that is following
- You’ve got settled status (what this means is you have got no limitations on how long you can easily stay static in the UK), such as for instance Indefinite Leave to keep or Indefinite Leave to Enter
- You have got resided in britain for at the very least 36 months ahead of the day that is very first of first scholastic 12 months of the program
- You’re staying in England regarding the day that is first of first scholastic 12 months of one’s course
You may nevertheless be in a position to use if you’re:
- A refugee, or a family member of just one
- Under Humanitarian Protection, blog here or a family member of somebody under Humanitarian Protection
- Under 18, and have now resided in britain for at the least seven years
- 18 or higher, while having resided in the united kingdom for at the very least twenty years, or at the least half your daily life
- The little one of a Swiss nationwide
- The kid of A turkish worker
- A stateless individual (including qualified household members)r
- Awarded leave to stay, or even a son or daughter of somebody issued keep to stay, under area 67 regarding the Immigration Act 2006
To meet the requirements under area 67, you really need to have been surviving in the united kingdom for at the least 3 years prior to the day that is very first of first scholastic 12 months of the program.
How old you are
There’s no upper age restriction for pupil finance, however, if you are over 60 in the very very first day associated with very very first educational 12 months of the program, you won’t be capable of geting the essential repair Loan – the actual quantity of loan you could get is based on your home earnings just.